At Cabrillo Family Dental Care we provide patients the best dental care possible using all of the latest and best technology in the dental field.
Seek Out Hidden Cavities
With our Laser Scanner, we can find tiny cavities much earlier than they may have been detected before. Sometimes x-rays and examinations cannot pinpoint the source of tooth sensitivity, mild, or severe pain, making it frustrating for the patient because even sensitivity toothpaste won’t work. The problem is likely an ultra-small cavity that has proven to be undetectable. Our laser scanner can detect decay that may have been skipped over before, thus allowing us to remove the cavity, restoring your comfort and giving you a healthy smile.
An intra-oral camera is a dental instrument that can be safely placed into a patient’s mouth to display video or capture still images. Patients are able to view images from the intra-oral camera directly on the monitor. The visual aid allows a patient to better associate with and understand their dental health issues and treatment options.
- Ability to capture video or still images to help patient’s better understand their dental health issues and treatment options
- Captured images can be used in referral situations, sent to insurance companies to assist claims, or to supplement other documentation
X-rays are a very valuable diagnostic tool in dentistry. They are used to identify various dental health issues. Traditional x-rays require film to capture an image and chemicals to develop it. With digital x-rays, images are captured electronically; therefore, it is a much more efficient process since both film and development time is eliminated.
- 90% less radiation compared to traditional film x-rays
- Image is immediately available
- Ability to digitally filter the image for a more accurate and in-depth diagnosis
- Patients can view x-ray images to better understand treatment options
- Environmentally friendly since film and chemicals are eliminated
High Definition Magnification Loupes
Dental loupes are light weight glasses with high resolution magnification telescopes. They provide improved visual accuracy of the operating site so procedures can be performed more effectively and efficiently. Combined with a fiber optic light providing superior illumination, this dental technology not only offers enhanced ergonomics for the dentist but more accurate treatment for the patient as well.
- Improved visual accuracy and reduced eye strain
- High resolution image of the operating site without sacrificing full view of the oral cavity
- Fiber optic light provides excellent operating site illumination and eliminates shadows caused by the overhead dental light
Electric and manual scaling should be combined to achieve optimal teeth cleaning results. An ultrasonic scaler can efficiently break-up and reduce heavy tartar buildup while manual instruments are required to remove the remaining tartar remnants. Our ultrasonic scalers offer enhanced patient comfort because they are able maintain scaling effectiveness even at ultra-low power settings.
- Efficiently removes tartar build-up
- Enhanced patient comfort
- Effectively contributes to optimal teeth cleaning results